Paediatric BASIC Course (Adelaide)
Date: 1st - 2nd (Thu - Fri) Aug 2019
Venue: Level 2, Samuel Way Building WCH North Adelaide
Registration Cost: Medical $770 and Nursing $550 (The Paediatric BASIC course will be held on 1st - 2nd (Thu - Fri) Aug 2019 in Samuel Way building, Women's and Children's Hospital. The web registration is open now.
Paediatric BASIC (Basic Assessment and Support in Intensive Care) course is designed for doctors and nursing staff looking after critically unwell children. It is a 2 day course consisting of lectures, skill stations and tutorials taught by Paediatric Intensive Care Specialists, with an emphasis on a practical approach to management of critically ill children. Contact: email@example.com OR Ranjan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airway management and mechanical ventilation in children.
- Fluid, electrolyte and nutrition management in children.
- Sedation and analgesia
- Life threatening arrhythmias and congenital heart disease in children
- Management of paediatric shock
- Paediatric trauma
- Neurological emergencies in children
- Paediatric critical care transport
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Paediatric Intensive Care Specialists, with an emphasis on a practical approach to management of critically ill children
- Adult and Paediatric ICU Trainees
- Senior Emergency and General Paediatric Trainees
- Anaesthetic Trainees working in retrieval service
- Nursing Staff dealing with sick children
- Course text book, mailed to participants prior to the course.
- Pre and post course MCQ - based formative assessment
- 2 day course consisting of lectures, skill stations and tutorials taught by
Terms and Conditions
- Registrations will be processed in the order they are received The spaces are limited and get filled quickly. Please let us know if you wish to be contacted and we can put you in waiting list for the next course if you are not able to attend this one.
- Full payment must be made when submitting the registration form.
- Refunds will not be given 7 days prior to the event.